View Single Post
littlebitlost

Member Since Apr 2011
291 hugs
given
Default Dec 26, 2014 at 08:40 PM

Hey, couldn't just click past here. *hug* And welcome.

In my experience men never really understand. I think perhaps they are too close to the situation to properly see it.

I hope you are getting some psych help.

RE: pain, I've had almost the same situation, but was very addicted to pain meds and benzos. Did rehab for the benzos in 2011. Then got munched in a car accident in feb 2012 and woke up, almost dead, on everything.

Then of course I had such terrible pain that I was dependent on it all too. Then I became immune to a lot of it, so it was taking more and more and more meds, to give me the same effect with pain relief.

Midyearish, I massively scaled down the meds after I had a hip replacement (I was 29........) and recovered from my wound being badly infected. I mean really massively. I had a rough trot of it, but somehow managed to keep off most pain pills. I swam, walked(hurty as knee and hip and foot got screwed in the car accident!) and stretched lots and did yoga. Stuff to keep me moving and not be all stiff and even sorer.

Now, I take bugger all. Panadol osteo and ibuprofen a few times a week and some codeine sometimes. It seems that for me, if I cvan keep moving, that I am more ok.

I have Borderline Personality, severe depression, am disabled RE: MVA injuries, have a bad back, chronic fatigue syndrome, GAD and have fairly constant pain.

I found that by coming off all the meds pretty much, my tolerance was removed, and my pills became MUCH more effective for me. Even if I build up tolerance again, and go through a bad time of bad pain, to kick the tolerance, then have a period of time where my meds can work well for me, that it's better than how it was when I had to take the same amount that would kill someone else, just to get smoe relief. :/

This may or may not work for you. I hope it does. And you feel better, and get some help. <3

Do be cautious with benzos. They are highly addictive. And rehab sucked.

Thanks for this!
Lilwren