View Single Post
martamiriam

Member Since Dec 2014
1 hugs
given
Thumbs up Dec 29, 2014 at 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBrave483 View Post
Hi I'm new. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2004 but never told why and I didn't really remember anything, so I always just denied it. Lately though I've been wondering and started looking at videos about it on youtube and it helped me remember some stuff and also realise that some things I did and do are actually symptoms. I thought it was just me! I'm glad I'm not alone here anymore. It does all add up and make sense now. I just got my meds increased yesterday due to paranoia, suicidal thoughts etc coming back. I hope having this forum will help as it wasn't talked about much on the site I used to be on. I hate all the stigma around the name schizophrenia, I'm still normal, no one would ever guess unless they could read my mind. My best friend says it's no big deal, I wish more people thought that way. If it helps anyone, my old psych said it was just a label so they know how to treat me. Well I look forward to maybe getting to know some of you
Good for you that you are getting or got help! Yes it is just a label....and you are ahead of the game by getting help..so many don't have the insight you have like my boyfriend and now we are not allowed to see each other..its a big mess and i am so sad not to see him but this didn't have to happen if only he would have gotten help like you are getting...keep on keeping on...
martamiriam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote