Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,320 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 29, 2014 at 03:47 PM

There are people that have straight relations and also same sex relations.

What you seem to be wanting is emotional intimacy - her want seems to be for physical intimacy. This is causing some confusion because it isn't what you started out wanting.

Here is what is the crux of the confusion
Quote:
When we first started becoming close friends, I didn't mind that she laid up against me while we were on the couch and stuff, and I guess I don't really mind the rest of what she's done that I've written. She's not making me uncomfortable. What's bothering me is that I feel like this is turning into something more, but I think I'm just confused. She keeps insisting that she needs physical touch from the people that she loves in her life, but this level of touch is something that I'm not used to ever experiencing in my friendships.
Before going on let me suggest some articles that might speak to the conflict going on in this relationship
How Does Sex Differ from Intimacy? | World of Psychology

The danger in a relationship is one person may want intimacy and one person may want sexuality. The person who wants intimacy may find themselves unprepared for sexuality especially in an untried same sex relationship.

The person wanting physical sexuality may feel that just being friends is not enough.

Your quote above seems to indicate you are not sure you want more than sharing friendship. You seem bothered by the same level of physical contact as before because it may mean something else now, sex with a woman.

The risk for you is great because your friendship could fall apart. You sound like you have dependency on this relationship to some extent. This is a bigger risk for you, possibly, than her.

I get the feeling after I reread your post, that you want to be friends not lovers, but I don't know. If your friend is really looking for a lover, and does not value the intimacy as much as you do, then they have less to lose than you do.

Maybe you could wait for your friend to make her intentions known. If possible and she is pushing for more sexual relating, before going into a sexual situation, try to talk about everything until you are both comfortable. It might be worth appealing to see if you could be friends forever without being lovers. If she says no to being friends, your "friend" would seem to be less a real friend and more a lover searching for physical love. Talking could help you keep from going where you don't want to.

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
NoddaProbBob