Thread: Hazel.
View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
887 hugs
given
Default Jan 06, 2015 at 12:16 AM

D.Girl...I dont know about whats what in puerto rico (your location on your profile) but here in america we have a label for when someone whether they are an alter or the person in which the alters reside that is for this kind of situation. the psychological term is ...lack of affect....short version it means the inability to show or feel emotions appropriately.

related to DID ....in general......yes it is possible to have alters who do not have emotions, do not show emotions, can not express emotions. most if not all people with DID have an alter who's job, purpose reason for being is to be quiet, dont cry when being abused, act out what ever the abuser wants them to do with out expressing fear, anxiety, tears, dont fight back type situations.

I had quite a few of these alters who had to perform with out showing displeasure, with out fighting back, be a good little girl and do what the abusing adult says to do. it was their job to do this so that I the person in which they resided with in would not get harmed for disobeying and fighting back.

that said only you know whether this is possible for you and your system, each persons system is comprised/made up in how ever ways that was right for them. to find out how and why you do not have emotions you will need to work with a mental health treatment provider in your own location. most times this kind of in depth therapy work takes many years to discover how and why a persons internal system of alters is the way it is.

my suggestion contact your (or a) mental health treatment provider. they can help explain the whats and whys directly related to your own set up.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote