Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2014
1,785 hugs
given
Default Jan 11, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychSearcher0 View Post
Hello,
I wanted to let you know that I am using your SNAP technique for a week or so. It seems I am more motivated thanks to it but, motivation was never really my biggest problem.
I'm not even sure what my problem is. I sometimes feel normal then I suddenly get depressed and plan to end my life. Now I'm feeling bad again.
I have a problem with my life that I think snapping is not going to solve. I mean, sure, it helps to feel better but it is only getting my mind of the problem that I need to solve. I can snap and tell myself to focus on a particular thing, sometimes it works, I think with more practice it will mork much more often, but it isn't going to fix my life at all.

Still thank you for sharing the technique and your story. I'll continue doing it as it does help with some things.
Hi PsychSearcher0,

Thanks for letting us know how it's going. I think what you say is actually a good sign. When I started, I felt something right away, but it took several months for my depression to really dissolve. In the early stages, bad thoughts and feelings are still really strong and snapping won't get you out of them. Be patient. It helps to concentrate on the snaps and FEEL them and enjoy them as actively as you can. You may find a natural little smile appear when you do it .

Be sure to check for possible medical/nutritional issues if you can (see post #74). I also do exercise, yoga and take supplements. People also have success with meditation. I remember your first post came in the winter in Poland and that made me thing that it might be light sensitivity (which can be quite strong). You might want to try to get vitamin D supplements (which are pretty cheap, at least in the US) and even sit in front of some bright lights and see if that makes you feel better. Keep trying new things. Spring is coming.

- vital

Last edited by vital; Jan 11, 2015 at 01:36 PM..