View Single Post
Anonymous40413

Default Jan 13, 2015 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgal2 View Post
My ECT pdoc said that others will notice improvement before me too. I don't think it really applies in my case because my relief from depression was literally overnight - - after my 13th treatment. My husband said he can definitely tell a difference in me now, and so does one from of mine.

How many treatments have you had now?
Today was my 14th treatment; I have treatments twice a week.
It's a bit depressing how everyone I have ECT "with" (the people I see in the recovery room of the hospital) only need a few treatments before they are gone (= they have improved so much that they don't need the treatments anymore) and I'm still barely improving. I'm generally doing a bit better on the day I have the ECT and my parents are noticing some very miniscule improvements, mostly that I try to get relief from the feelings of guilt by helping around the house a tiny bit (I once cleaned up the bath after having a bath, and last weekend we had people visiting so I helped my mom clean out the dishwasher so she could get back to the visitors) whereas before I didn't have the energy to do things like that. But some of my other symptoms have actually worsened in the last few weeks.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote