View Single Post
brainhi
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2009
110 hugs
given
Default Jan 19, 2015 at 09:40 AM

I think as we learn more about ourselves - some innocence is lost. As we evaluate the past and learn to live & take care of ourselves in the present.. life changes. It does not have to be a bad thing. The good parts of your character that makes you - you... may even get better if we take the time to notice it......

I have to add this - I did lose some friendships as I got better. There was a certain dynamic to some of my friendships and family. Some do not like you to change - it makes them uneasy and they are not certain what role to play in your life any longer. There will be those that are there and accepting no matter what - normal or not

“Psychotherapy works by going deep into the brain and its neurons and changing their structure by turning on the right genes. The talking cure works by "talking to neurons," and that an effective psychotherapist or psychoanalyst is a "microsurgeon of the mind" who helps patients make needed alterations in neuronal networks.” Norman Doidge
brainhi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote