View Single Post
newday2020

Member Since Feb 2009
596 hugs
given
Default Jan 22, 2015 at 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiegoldfur View Post
I found an article on here about childhood emotional neglect and characteristics that may indicate that one has grown up experiencing it. There were 22 characteristics and I relate to every single one of them. I was raised in a household where my input and feelings were unimportant, which still greatly affects me to this day. I have severe trust issues (nearly a phobia), which makes managing friendships and relationships difficult due to the lack of vulnerability and intimacy on my part. There are other things but I'm unsure if the trust issues are a reason behind them.

I furthered my research on CEN a little more and found an article that stated along the lines of, 'those who had grown up in a more emotionally neglectful household have increased chances of developing a personality disorder later in life or becoming involved with someone who does'.

I'm curious to know:
1. How do you feel about this statement? Can you prove it's accuracy or inaccuracy?
2. What are your experiences with CEN and how has it shaped and affected your daily life?
charI have no knowledge about the relation of CEN and personality disorders so if anyone would be willing to teach me I would really appreciate it.

I look forward to some input!
Can you tell us where to read the article with the characteristics of CEN?
newday2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote