Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2014
172 hugs
given
Default Jan 25, 2015 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimsies View Post
Healing the Trauma of Abuse: A Women's Workbook Paperback – August 1, 2000
by Mary Ellen Copeland MS MA (Author), Maxine Harris PhD (Author)

Healing the Trauma of Abuse: A Women's Workbook: Mary Ellen Copeland MS MA, Maxine Harris PhD: 9781572241992: Amazon.com: Books
Quote:
Originally Posted by precaryous View Post
Thank you, mimsies.

Have you or someone you know used this workbook? I looked at the samples provided but can't tell if the workbook asks you to write about specific traumas or not. Do you know anything about that part of this workbook?

Pre

I have been using this book for a year now.... I recommended it to Mimsie... it is a very good book... The first half of the book helps you learn coping skills and self esteem before working on trauma. You really need to have a supportive person to help you work through the book.... someone you can trust.. I would say the "right" T who goes over each chapter with you is the best...
When you get to the 2nd section, it asks you to write down the trauma's but doesn't ask you to go into detail... then it slowly walks you through the steps of working through different types of trauma you have gone through and makes sure you start and end each section with positive affirmations... a very good workbook, but you need a trusted friend or T to help you as you go through it

Wise words I am trying to learn to live by and will slowly learn to believe as I heal......

“The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”
- Steve Maraboli
Lady Lindsey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
mimsies, precaryous