View Single Post
Marceline V.Q

Member Since Jan 2015
Default Jan 27, 2015 at 10:30 PM

I've spent 8 years in my new country (married a native of the country) and have just recently returned from a visit for the first time in those 8 years to my home country. I spent most of my 8 years in my new country miserable, not adapting to life here and wishing I was back in my home country.

When I was back in my home country I just couldn't see myself living there anymore. It is cold and dark for most of the year. The standard of living is low but the costs of living there are high. I use to miss my family all the time but going back there I realized how far I have drifted from them, how far they have drifted from each other and they really got on on my nerves in the few weeks I was there.

So I've been in Australia for 8 years and in most ways I feel like I haven't made my new country "home". I haven't had a real job since I moved here, I have zero friends and I've spent the whole time I was here wanting to be back in my home country. But now that I've gone back I realize I don't feel like I belong there either.

How do I finally make my new country "home"? How do I stop feeling resentful of my husband for "making" us live here?
Marceline V.Q is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
jaynedough, Pikku Myy, sideblinded, Vossie42