View Single Post
Teee

Member Since Dec 2014
Default Jan 29, 2015 at 02:09 AM

Hi CANDC,

Happy new year to you and thank you for giving me your perspective. I can't believe the first month is nearly over.

Thank you very much for casting a bigger picture for me to see. I will have to recover from this incident and appreciate other possibilities that life has to offer.

I want to say, it has been really difficult this past month and returning to your response over and over again helped me to be somewhat constructive.

Back to this relationship, we have communicated throughout the month and she is still holding on to her decision to call our relationship off. She is apologetic and concerned. I am heartbroken. But at the same time, I am glad we are talking and being honest with each other.

Your last paragraph resonates the most with me. Thank you for your response and wisdom, I appreciate it

[QUOTE=CANDC;4184317]Teee, welcome to Psych Central. sorry to hear you are having a difficult situation with your commuter relationship.

One thing that you did not mention is kick the can down the road. Look for a job. Start making a network of friends and even a possible girl friend. See what happens.

The good thing is that she has made a decision - you are not giving her an ultimatum. She is. So you are free to explore other options and see what works out. if things don't work out you could return to Singapore but you may find the lifestyle limiting after experiencing Perth.

The fact that she is not discussing options but giving you an ultimatum, may indicate she is not the perfect match you think. Only you know. But someone that is inflexible can mean a lifetime of options limited by their inflexibility.

Here are articles that may give you clues what to do
Teee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote