Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2014
149 hugs
given
Default Jan 29, 2015 at 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonelyGuy View Post
quick history in bullets

-always in trouble as a kid. Acting out in class. Ripping up homework. Parents were pretty much at the principles office with me every other day.

-been diagnosed with so many things. Different doctors and different pills all the time. Apparently I have this and this and this. Really annoying

-I was bullied alot in school. Constantly being picked on and people hit me pretty much every day.

I've been diagnosed with depression, adhd, and a whole bunch of other things. I'm sick of all these different people giving me different answers.

My parents tried to help me in every way they could but all those diagnosis were wrong. I believe now that I have some kind of paranoia or anxiety disorder. Multiple doctors have told me i should use anti anxiety medications. Anyway here is my issue.

I have no friends and no job. I don't go to college. I simply cannot get out of the house. I have constant thoughts that everyone around me is talking about me. I have walked out of jobs several times for kind of panic attacks where ill start to believe everyone is talking about me in a negative way behind my back. Even if we just had a great conversation. I have frequent random thoughts about really depressing things. For example I just had a cigarette a few hours ago and for some reason it tasted different. I came to the immediate conclusion that my cig was laced and Im going to die. Everything all of a sudden became really scary and creepy. Like the happiness of everything was just ripped away. If I saw a smiley face it would be evil. This stopped after about thirty minutes. But these thoughts happen randomly.and the little panic attacks can last up to an hour. What is wrong with me. These "thoughts" and "attacks" are scaring me. I don't like thinking all these bad things.

What should I do. Everytime I ask for a medication like xanax or any benzo my parents fear its abuse potential. But what life am I living without the stuff. I've had it before(friend gave me some) and It was wonderful. I wasn't high and falling to the floor. I was just free. Free from all the sick horrible stuff that runs through my head every day and night. I just wish someone could help me.

Any suggestions? What's causing these thoughts? What should I do? Anyone else have the same problem?
Just fyi, stop smoking, because I really think cigarettes induce paranoia or other bad symptoms on the body. I can speak from experience. I picked up smoking for about 4 months, I would smoke every day outside on my porch. I always felt sick whenever I went back inside my house after a cigarette. One night after a stressful day, I went to smoke a few cigarettes outside. After the 2nd or 3rd cigarette I started panicking. I felt such an intense panic attack come over me that I couldnt breathe, I felt like I was about to throw up, I was shaking all over, my voice was shaking, I felt like I was dying.

I believe cigarettes can have an affect on the brain or the body that can induce certain symptoms. I did research on schizophrenia about a month ago where I watched dozens of videos on schizophrenia just because I was curious, and a common theme that even the commenters talked about was the fact that "all the people in the videos who were diagnosed with schizophrenia smoked cigarettes." Every single story they did on a person suffering from schizophrenia, there was a cigarette in their hand, I'm not even exaggerating.

I can't conclusively say cigarettes have anything to do with schizophrenia or any other mental illness but after noticing that, I decided to throw out my pack and not smoke again.

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence." - Christopher Hitchens

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience." - Mark Twain
CosmicRose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady

Thanks for this!
shortandcute