angelicgoldfish05
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2014
1,285 hugs
given
Default Feb 07, 2015 at 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismay View Post
One of the last things I remember clearly is saying, “I just don’t want to have sex though, okay?” He agreed. After this I either blacked out or passed out, I’m still not sure which. The next thing I remember is coming to, he’s on top of me and kind of flys up, I was confused what was happening, got up still in my underwear and got dressed....
You clearly said No. A person is unable to give consent if they are blacked out also.

Quote:
Until I was talking to one of his friends, who informed me that he had told him that we did have sex…
You said No. Apparently he told his friend who told you that the two of you had sex. Have you somehow confirmed this? I don't want to discount your feelings or what happened to you. It just made me think of rumors and how a guy might just say that to a friend for whatever reason guys say this to each other (to brag maybe). What evidence besides this do you have that he had sex with you? I know it isn't always possible but if I were in your situation, I would want confirmation somehow, of the situation. Can you ask any other people who were there with you? Or can you ask the guy (not that you probably ever want to speak with him again if he did in fact rape you). I don't know what to say, just hoping to help.. Hope this doesn't make things worse to ask you these questions or to say this. It probably reflects a lack of understanding, sensitivity and tact on my part, in which case I apologize.

Quote:
so I just told myself that I shouldn’t have put myself in that position, that he was as drunk as me and therefore couldn’t be blamed for that, and that it had happened so it was time to grow up move on and forget about it.
It is common to blame ourselves for abuse that is most certainly NOT our fault. I don't care if you were drunk or if he was. It was not your fault. You clearly said no. Even drunk people understand the word no and what that means.

Quote:
And I did, barely thinking about it for the next 5 years. Until recently when events somehow stirred it all up again and I started to question what had happened.
What events stirred up these feelings?

Quote:
I’ve never had a serious boyfriend; instead I had a promiscuous stage, never letting any guys get too emotionally close, trusting people is tough for me, and letting my walls down is just not something I easily do. I started to think that maybe this event had affected me more than I thought. I am just curious as what others think about this.
You are questioning if it is rape. Does it matter to have a definite answer? Who am I kidding, I want these kind of answers too... I think it helps us to have some answers and clarity about what has happened to us in our past. However, there is a saying that you only need to look at where a person is at to see where they have been. And in your case, the event - rape or not - still sounds like it felt like rape and that it has affected your life very much.

Please seek some help to get through this. Therapy is a helpful tool with the right person. I have my own story to share about this, but it is no where near as bad and my therapist told me it clearly was not rape because I did not say no. I was with a guy and I told him I only wanted to cuddle. We were not drunk or even drinking. He was a guy I met from AA. He said he was interested in me. I was spending the night at his house and we had a bath together (naked) - his idea, I went along. I told him I only wanted to cuddle because I was going through recovery and didn't want to have sex. But did he listen? No. He persisted and we had sex. Did I initiate? Did I want to have sex with him? No. Did I care enough to even say no? (no). Was saying no even an option? (yes, I suppose). It's not like I can never say no in life. Just cause I have a hard time with it, doesn't mean that any guy who sees me can have me. But this one did. Never talked to me again after I left his house the next morning.

I guess it was not rape. I don't have any of the feelings like I'm dirty or blaming myself or anything. I don't feel much about it at all. It's just one more guy and one more time and one more one night stand I guess. These days the thought of sex terrifies me and makes me cry though.

DX: Bipolar Disorder, MDD-recurrent. Issues w/addiction, alcohol abuse, anxiety, PTSD, & self esteem. Bulimia & self-harm in remission

Last edited by angelicgoldfish05; Feb 07, 2015 at 11:31 PM..
angelicgoldfish05 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bluegrey, Ms. DeeSurvivor, nismay

Thanks for this!
Ms. DeeSurvivor