angelicgoldfish05
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2014
1,285 hugs
given
Default Feb 11, 2015 at 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
I think you're already doing the first step. You're sick of it and wanting to move on.

I think you have to forgive yourself and love yourself. Sounds cheesy. But you forgive yourself and you love yourself and you tap into some deep inner resolve and then, one step at a time, you move forward.

You go to work. You pay your bills. You save money. You meet people. You put yourself out there. You make an effort to smile. You make an effort to be kind.

You cut out people who drain you. You surround yourself with people who are healthy and who build you up.

You build up others, rather than cut them down. You ignore the pettiness, the shallowness.

You take up physical activity with regularity. You exercise. You eat well. You treat your body well.

And life happens. And some days suck. And other days, you see a sunset and you think, "I'm thankful for this life of mine. It's not perfect. I'm not perfect. But it's the only life I've got and I accept it with all its warts and hair, and I'll make the best of it."

I think that's the most that any of us can ask for. Especially those of us who were abused or suffered early on, or who don't have good families or riches to fall back on. But peace in one's life, in itself, is a really worthy goal.
Thanks for your support Peejay. I read your other post about how you are healed from being abandoned by your t, and how it took you three years. Reading your reply and then going on to read your other post could not have come at a better time. Like it is fate or higher power telling me that this is possible. You are proof, you have been there and have let go, moved on and healed. I'm encouraged and inspired by you, and (can't think of the right word) proud (?) of you for your work you have put into healing yourself. It takes the support of many, but in the end, you heal yourself. Thanks for showing us it can be done and helping those who are on their way. I know it is a process and it may never be over, but it can and does get better. There are brighter days up ahead.

DX: Bipolar Disorder, MDD-recurrent. Issues w/addiction, alcohol abuse, anxiety, PTSD, & self esteem. Bulimia & self-harm in remission
angelicgoldfish05 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
PeeJay

Thanks for this!
PeeJay