View Single Post
saminsf88

Member Since Jan 2015
Default Feb 13, 2015 at 04:31 AM

Hi all,

I'm not really sure where to begin explaining the situation my "friend" is dealing with, since it may take quite a while. This is something that he has dealt with his entire life but have never felt comfortable discussing it with others, and it is something that even scares himself to think about in depth. He is a 26-year old, white male with a b.s. in business marketing and currently looking into graduate school. Now before I go any furtherer, I want to explain that by no means do I think I am in any position to self-diagnose, but this is something I have looked into extensively and is highly concerning. One of the reasons it is so alarming, is because it has affected his life in such an essential way, and it has done so without him even realizing what was the root cause of his peculiar behavior. Also, he doesn't look like this "type" of person. People would describe him as attractive, easy-going, nice, all of those positive types of things, when in reality it is a facade. Please understand this is not something easy for me to talk about. Thank you.

Quick background on my friend:
-He was born into a middle-class working family and was raised among peers in the upper-class
-Showed great signs of hyper-NPD as a child and adolescent
-Had very few violent episodes as a child but when they did occur, he would get physical
-Wet the bed until age 13
-By age 14, essentially every male role model in his life died (father, uncles, grandfathers) therefore raised by all women since puberty
-Age 15, two good friends commit suicide, begin involved in selling drugs
-Theft (started stealing from stores by age 10, breaking into homes by age 15)
-Arrested 4 times as a juvenile by age 16
-Extreme pathological lying (developing new identities/multiple fake lives)
-Sabotaged and manipulated relationships with females severely only for self-serving purposes
-Derives extreme pleasure from emotionally hurting female romantic partners
-Unable to hold a job, long periods of inactivity and a very parasitic lifestyle

Now, based on this very broad overview, what should a person in these circumstances do? What is your opinion? Feel free to ask any other questions please
saminsf88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Keaton25, RoxanneToto