borncatastrophe77

Member Since Feb 2014
26 hugs
given
Default Feb 15, 2015 at 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vital View Post
Hi born, ajohnson,

There is a funny article about this from the Onion. It's basically answering the question "But what if I am depressed because I AM a total loser?"

Study: Depression Hits Losers Hardest | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

It's funny because it's insightful, but it's backwards. Bad things happen to depressed people, making them "losers". It's not the other way around where some intrinsic "loser" quality makes people vulnerable to depression.

Not everyone would agree with me, but I think I'm really right about this. I don't think that anyone is fated by biology or chemistry or genetics to be depressed. I don't think that past failures or childhood history fates someone to be depressed either. I think that depression is created by a specific psychological process that you can stop once you realize what it is and how to stop doing it. Once you stop, you slowly start to heal over a few months.

The nice thing is that SNAP CLUB is so easy to try. It's safe and fun to do and works quickly and requires essentially no will power. Why not give it a try?

- vital
Thanks so much for your replies. I get so caught up ib thinking that I need to change from being such a chaotic loser in order to not be depressed. But then if I'm depressed how am I supposed too change when I feel so hopeless, useless and powerless. ...it's such a cycle

Hugs from:
vital