View Single Post
Crow30

Member Since Feb 2015
3 hugs
given
Default Feb 20, 2015 at 03:07 PM

I think that most people do not know they have this. I am turning 30 next month and just found out what SPD was the other day when looking at different mental illnesses on the internet. I came across SPD and I could not believe it. Everything made sense all of a sudden and it wasn`t just me that had this. It was good to put a name to what was wrong with me. I learned a lot about myself by just knowing about the disorder. I always knew something just wasn`t right. I just thought I had severe depression and social anxiety...and I do, but I was just seeing the symptoms and not the bigger picture. As a very young child I would not speak in school. As I got older I would only speak to certain children, and was afraid of adults. I did poorly in school because I was too worried that people were looking at me. Fast forward to know: I show no emotion on my face, I cannot work, want no interaction with people, isolate in my room, etc. Anyways, I got off track talking about myself. I think that it is a rare disorder that starts off as something genetic and is shaped by societal factors into something else as time goes on and the small percentage of people who suffer from this don`t know what it actually is.
Crow30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote