View Single Post
Redsoft

Member Since Dec 2012
27 hugs
given
Default Feb 24, 2015 at 07:37 PM

Geez, Crow, every topic I go to, you have the same story as I do, haha.

Cygnus, you describe an excellent perspective - being normal within our framework.

There is much of me, especially since finding out I had SPD and wasn't broken somewhere, that does not want to get better. Meaning, there are many parts I don't want to "fix."

It's certain extremities I wish I could eliminate, I guess. It's completely frustrating and debilitating to be anxious as hell before, during, and after just getting in the car and going to buy groceries. To constantly be looking for ways out of any social event. To not be able to work and pull my own financial weight. To be cripplingly depressed while I'm alone.

I don't want to be "more social" or more in touch with my emotions or some crap. I don't want to want to be around other people. I just don't see why I should have to. That's a big piece too. Everyone makes us feel like we should and that we have to or we're broken. Commence more anger and resentment. We don't tell them to stop being social, do we? LEAVE US ALONE! Haha. ...But seriously.

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster, JustTvTroping