View Single Post
Redsoft

Member Since Dec 2012
27 hugs
given
Default Feb 24, 2015 at 07:58 PM

I've been curious regarding the ill vs. not-normal thing for a while.

In certain countries and cultures in the world, I'd wager "schizoid personalities" are just...personalities.

I often feel very resentful and angry toward society/culture (in US for me), as I feel the extremely-valued and pushed trait of extroversion disallows my living as functional and productive of a life as I possibly could, and at the same time is killing any diversity anchored in introversion in the country in general.

Example: The last job I held let me go after three very successful and productive years, having just promoted me a few months before to a different position, because my personality wasn't outgoing enough...as office tech support. On my approved unemployment filing paperwork, the reason for acceptance was actually officially filed saying something to the effect of "unreasonable to expect change in personality" ...It was a smaller business. They knew me in a very close working environment for years before for they gave me the position. They actually assumed I would just "be more outgoing." Oh, right, let me hit my lemming switch...sorry, one sec, hard to reach. . . . .

Thanks for this!
llleeelllaaannneee