~Christina
Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 25, 2015 at 03:24 AM

Well your on a pretty large dose daily , I can certainly understand that your going through hellish withdraws. Of course this weather is making things more complicated. Since this is the first time your having any problems getting it refilled, its really not malpractice , I think its more a case of just weather issues and the inability of the Pdoc ordering the medication, It would be very difficult for a Pdoc to just automatically refill someones Xanax script with out seeing that he does indeed have you on that med at that dose with out being able to review your records and med lists, Not Pdocs can't remember off the top of there heads what meds a patient is routinely takeing.... that is where in all cases if you are unable to reach your Pdoc You should seek medical help at the ER.

So you had the seizure sometime in the past? I assume you sought out medical help at the time. Did you let your Pdoc know what happened? so its in your medical file?

Ideally a Pdoc should explain the medications and what they can and cant do and how they will effect your body and what is the risk of not having access to the medication. Did you not research the medication when you first started.. I highly doubt that you were put on 2mg . 4 times a day right off the bat, most all Pdocs start out at a low dose once or twice a day. So when and why did your dose increase?

In reality since you are at day 5 of withdraws off a high dose benzio you really should go to the ER for treatment , maybe they can offer to give you a few days worth just to get you through until you can get things straight with your Pdoc. I would advise you take your current bottle so they can see your actually on this medication if not they may be concerned that your a drug seeker as that is a rather high dose daily. Or the ER doctor may feel you should be in patient in just a regular hospital bed or maybe want you to go IP so that you can stay safe and watched closely so you won't be so at risk for seizures and they can give you medications that will help keep you safe.

You should have a discussion with your Pdoc about what happened and come up with a plan in case you find yourself in the same situation in the future.

I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Thanks for this!
A18793715