View Single Post
ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,997 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 26, 2015 at 06:02 AM

Unless it's your choosing, there are some medications you can take while pregnant. If/when I get pregnant, I will stay on my Lamictal and Lexapro. All my doctors (Pdoc, county Pdoc, primary, OB/GYN, and endocrinologist) agree. Are there risks to the baby? Possibly. But the risk would be greater if I'm not on them and they have some of the least possible side effects compared to other medications. Now the benzo's are not safe for a baby, so I can't take that.

For anxiety, so long as you have time to rest, you can take benadryl. I think it's a class B drug which the majority of doctors approve of during pregnancy.

You should definitely talk to your doctor about medications. You might think that taking no medications during pregnancy is best, but even things like elevated stress hormones can affect the baby. It's best to talk with your doctor about options. And be careful of herbal remedies. Example: Melatonin is a common sleep aid, but it actually affects your hormones. I think St. Johns Wart used for depression also affects hormones.

Thanks for this!
Lauliza, melania