View Single Post
scottmendie

Member Since Oct 2001
Default Oct 23, 2001 at 01:39 PM

Awesome script!!! Thanks to everyone who has brought this thing to life. Now for the Workarounds.

If most of you click on the help link from the main page in POD, you will find a help page that functions... but breaks the table at the top. Copy the following into your header page at the very bottom. Make it the last line in your header and this will take care of it.

< table border=0 width="100%">< tr>

(Remove the space before the table and before the tr above)

For broken header images, if you go to the same help page, you will find a broken image at the top with the alt tag in it stating 'Open Directory Project' To fix this, Create an image using the dimensions 222 x 25, name this image: odphead.gif and place this image in your root directory. I took a screenshot of my main page, cut out the title heading (e.g. Someone's Personal Open Directory), sized it to 222 x 25 and now, it looks like every other page and the hyperlink brings you to your POD main page. Unfortunately, the graphic will not resize like my regular text does, but who is going to notice.

These workarounds are simple and you don't need to know perl. Also, I contacted dmoz and let them know that their Kids and Teens section does not have a link back to their main page. When you click on their logo in that category, it takes you right back to the Kids and Teens category. They said they would work on it... we'll see if they do.

scottmendie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote