View Single Post
Crow30

Member Since Feb 2015
3 hugs
given
Default Mar 06, 2015 at 06:40 PM

Okay maybe I can be of some help I hope. After I got out of the military I went to college and it was hard to adjust after being out of school for about 6 years. I have PTSD, ADHD, etc. and I was able to graduate. Here`s my advice:

-If you can get a note from a doctor with any diagnosis or reason that you may have a hard time due to a medical condition, show it to your professor or someone in the school, you may be able to take tests alone in a quiet room or other accommodation.

-When studying, I found it easy to do my work/studying in small increments. 15 minutes of school work, relax, 15 minutes, etc. until you can finish.

-If you are comfortable to sit in the front of the class (which is hard for me), you may be able to focus better because you won`t see what the people in front of you are doing. For me with my social anxiety/PTSD I usually had to sit in the back.

-Read the text book chapter that you are studying a few times so you can get a good understanding of the material before you attempt to do any work on it.

-Use the internet to do any additional research that you may not understand from the material provided by the teacher/textbook.

-Find a study partner and work as a team. You may find someone that is strong in something that you have trouble with, and vica versa. So you can help each other and both benefit from a study session

That`s all I can think of right now. I hope this helps.
Crow30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote