View Single Post
A Red Panda
Grand Magnate

Member Since May 2013
882 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 07, 2015 at 07:54 AM

Oh Jade, I TOTALLY do the same thing with yoga....

Another one or two for the list:

- avoid telling, showing, or hinting at anything I might *gasp* consider myself ok at. Even if I'm super excited about something I feel like I'm bragging or being rude!

- avoid dinner party sort of things... I never know how much to help or not help in the kitchen and with clean up because I don't know if people are going to think I'm rude for not helping/contributing enough, or too much, (this basically can just be "being at a friend's for food")

- having ANYONE over. Ever. I apologize so much for the mess because it's horrendously messy to me, but then I feel really guilty because most people who I DO eventually have over have even messier places which doesn't bother me, but then I feel like I'm insulting them... or like I am begging for compliments by apologizing for the mess and they have to give the polite response of "No, this isn't messy at all!!"

"I have a problem with low self-esteem. Which is really ridiculous when you consider how amazing I am.

A Red Panda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote