vital
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2014
1,785 hugs
given
Default Mar 10, 2015 at 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theres_always_hope View Post
Jo_thorne- honestly I can't tell you that sadly because its been over 7 years. That really gets me thinking though...
That is worth thinking about if the meds aren't working.

About having tried everything, there are still quite a few possibilities that aren't on your list. For purely medical/nutritional issues not on your list, there is hypothyroidism, omega 3 fat deficiency, gut problems, infection, heavy metal toxicity. My understanding (I'm not an M.D.) is that all of these things can cause mental problems including depression. These are common problems, not always checked for, and if you have any of them, fixing the issue is surely going to be an important step. You take vitamins, but are you taking enough of the right vitamins? People sometimes have difficulty absorbing B vitamins for instance.

Exercising daily is great. Does that include aerobic exercise? One possible thing to try is to increase how much you exercise and see if this makes a difference.

One item that's missing from your tries is meditation. People tend to think that something like meditation is not going to be powerful enough to help with a serious depression, but I suspect that this is wrong. There are people at this site who report having completely resolved their depression with just meditation. They also almost all say that it take a couple of weeks of solid practice before the benefits kick in. I'd suggest you try "SNAP CLUB" described in the thread below. This may also seem not very serious, but this can sometimes have a huge effect and it is ridiculously easy to try. In my case, for instance, this was more powerful than anything else including meds. There is also light therapy, brain training, binaural beats. All of which people do report successes with.

I like Skeez's idea to see a therapist too. Someone with enough experience may be able to notice something that's hard for you to see yourself.

http://forums.psychcentral.com/4262681-post105.html

- vital
vital is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
theres_always_hope, venusss