View Single Post
EJ711
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2005
Default Jun 07, 2007 at 10:46 PM

Hi Friends,

I probably should have entitled the post: Broken Ankle, Broken Relationship, as far as the issue(s) with my husband.

The Broken Promise - Broken Dreams comes from believing the attorneys who handled the age discrimination class action suit. When my contact gave me the $225,000 figure, I believed her. I have been envisioning all I could do with that amount in fixing my 100+ year old miniature farmhouse. I could see a nice barn, etc.

When I was told about three weeks ago it would be only $25,000, I felt like my trust had been violated, and my dreams went flying out the window.

Regarding my ankle, I think I started to feel unsafe after my fall. After the dog I didn't want, Missy, (127 lb. St. Bernard mix) wrapped her lead (vinyl covered steel) around my ankles twice and took off, and I went down like a tree, things just haven't been the same.

For one, I can't walk. I felt isolated out here in the middle of nowhere, when I could still walk. Since husband went back to work, I haven't had a vehicle, but I could still get around.

Now that I have been told by the doctor to stay off my foot, my sense of isolation has really sky-rocketed.

As a child, growing up with parents who were almost 40 years older than me, and a 6'4" brother, who was 12 years older than me, one of my deepest issues is not being listened to.

I usually can brush off my husband's put downs, but when he said I could move to the city, and he would stay here, something inside me don't brush this off. You need to take note of this. This was roughly a week after I came home from the hospital, and was in a cast. It was my money that I either received from my parents, or my corporate career that made this cash purchase possible, and he was in a sense kicking me out when I had a broken foot, from the dog he insisted we had to rescue, and I didn't want.

He hasn't listened to me for five years that I don't like it here. He didn't listen when I said I didn't want the dog.

Need to run.

Thanks everyone for your input and support!

EJ
EJ711 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote