View Single Post
CrushedHeart

Member Since Sep 2004
Default Sep 16, 2004 at 08:07 AM

Thank you for your welcome. It is an odd situation that I am in and every so often I wonder why me. Other times have trouble believing I am in such a position. He's currently finishing his college degree and is not working. I've been supporting us and slowly slipping into debt. He'll graduate in December which is good but in the meantime, I've been muddling through financially and emotionally.

My heart is confused because prior to his "coming out" our relationship was not the best, especially around sex. We started out as newly weds doing it often. Then it turned into me having to dress up in order to "do it." Then it turned into me having my nipples pierced (which I did for him and kept them in for a few months) and dressing up. Then we would only "do it" when I dressed up. Later, he couldn't perform regardless of how I dressed for him. Now, he does't want me to dress up and we rarely do it. I have to sit him down and force myself on him. He doesn't caual flirt with me either. When I confront him about it, he says he's tired or he will wordsmith the conversation ending up blaming me for not being more amourous or tired etc.

I feel like I am in the show "Married with Children" where I am Peg and my husband is Al. They don't "do it" much and when Peg asks, Al complains.

He was under the impression that everything was ok in our relationship. He wants me to talk to him about it but in the past the therapist told us to only to discuss our problems with her because don't do well at this point discussing such a hot topic together.

I was upset this morning and told him to make an appointment for us with the therapist. I'll get an appointment in a few weeks I'm guessing.

I really don't have anyone to ask about things like this...is this normal for a marriage that has lasted 10 years or is it "gender disorder" or is it a form of him suffering from PTSD?
CrushedHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote