View Single Post
lucami

Member Since Oct 2014
80 hugs
given
Default Mar 14, 2015 at 05:29 PM

hey sorry for late reply, depression kicks me hard lately.
If you still want to try other meds, be prepared they may have tons of side effects too, keep in mind it takes time to see if med works or not.
good plan with this changes, maybe you could try herbs too, for me valerian + listening to meditation or mindfulness on headphones helps me with going outside (I have probably extreme agoraphobia), it works better than hydroxyzine (after which I only had problems with thinking and focusing on anything like I'd be drunk, and had full blown panic attacks anyway in 90% of cases). good that you are determined to get better, it's a first step
'Im sick of always overthinking EVERYTHING in life, having a purely pessimistic outlook on life, the exhaustion & fatigue from depression & the lack of motivation to get out of bed & even just to live at times. The unpredictable side effects, the inability to keep a job, the endless doctor & pharmacy trips.' same here plus few other things like tons of fear
how was your meeting with a new doc? yup sadly lots of doctors care only about money, especially therapists, after all longer therapy, more money for the therapist heh.. it's so hard to find a good one but don't give up if you'll have bad luck, I've been to 3 psychiatrists, 3 therapists, still didn't find one who would really help so still looking for. never give up never surrender
that's mean of her, she shouldn't say that to you :/ there are two options, or she was tired, after all dealing with other people problems must be mentally exhausting, or she's just mean person.. Well in my opinion, you should learn from this, remember, and let it go. if you would bring this to the court it would only take a lot of your nerves, would be stressful and judge could not take you serious because of your mental problems (from my own experience ppl sees mental disorders like depression-you're lazy, panic-you're crazy) so it's just better to let it go. when you see next doc ask about meds, how they work, when they supposed to start working, about side effects etc. ask if you may call psychiatrist anytime (although I think therapists are more open for this option, like one psychiatrist said to me, 'what I can do, I only prescribe meds'.. therapist could be more helpful).
and btw, did you check your iron level, thyroid and adrenals? it may cause symptoms like mental disorders.