lucami

Member Since Oct 2014
80 hugs
given
Default Mar 14, 2015 at 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komet68 View Post
What is agoraphobia?
hey komet, as wikipedia says 'Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder characterized by anxiety in situations where the sufferer perceives certain environments as dangerous or uncomfortable, often due to the environment's vast openness or crowdedness. These situations include wide-open spaces, as well as uncontrollable social situations such as the possibility of being met in shopping malls, airports and on bridges. Agoraphobia is defined within the DSM-IV TR as a subset of panic disorder, involving the fear of incurring a panic attack in those environments.[1] In the DSM-5, however, agoraphobia is classified as being separate from panic disorder.[2] The sufferer may go to great lengths to avoid those situations, in severe cases becoming unable to leave their home or safe haven.'

my first problem were sudden panic attacks for no reason, I started to avoid places in which I had attack such as one shop, bus, art history lessons.. more and more places where I had attacks, more panic, anxiety, depression, and I ended up practically being home bound, going even to the closest grocery store triggers my panic attack... living like this isn't really living..