Frankbtl
Magnate

Member Since May 2013
341 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 31, 2015 at 01:45 PM

Hi Purpleplaces, welcome to PC!!!
It sounds like it took a lot to post on here, so really well done and thank you for sharing with us
"What makes my issues worth reading or helping over others?"
Well everyone on here matters, including you, so I'm glad you've joined us.
If you're hurting, you're hurting and just because someone else is as well, doesn't make it OK for you to hurt, for you not to have support as well.

"Why should I post and expect acknowledgement?
I'm embarassed because my issues are no different than everyone else's
.............I'm embarassed because I'm sad."
Because everyone deserves acknowledgement, to have their feelings respected and to get the support they need.
Way too many people out there can be embarrassed/uncomfortable in talking about depression- if you broke your leg and were in pain then you wouldn't be embarrassed to talk about it would you- well depression isn't your fault and depression doesn't make you a lesser person because you're suffering from it. And you posting here........kudos!!!! You're helping people break away from some of that stigma out there, and I hope we can give you the understanding, support you need. As you say.......you're not on your own

"I'm embarassed because I posted my issues thinking that they will get attention. I don't want attention. I want sanity!"
It's OK, it's not "attention", it's understanding and support you'll be getting posting on here. So give us a chance, hey?? Sometimes you need that to get to a better place.

And again.........welcome to PC and thank you for posting. Hope you'll stick around.

Alison
Frankbtl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Purpleplaces