View Single Post
cureav

Member Since Mar 2013
7 hugs
given
Default Apr 04, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Thanks a lot for your answer, it makes much sense to stay away from the things which keeps you down. I hoped I could avoid explaining that in order to keep the post shorter... I live in a country with high rate of corruption; in order to get a job with your school qualification you need to pay 3-5-7000 euros, so you could start your own life, but first you'll need 2-3 years to work to get back that money. Without that job, I could do a low pay job, but it wont get me out of this house.
My plan is to learn another language, get my diploma nostrificated, and leave this f... country and system (Balkans). And you can't do it overnight. During that time, I'm also trying to work on my own issues cause my father don't even recognize he needs help.
I understand that ACoAs have empathy towards one another, I guess that nobody else can understand them better than they can, but I'm talking here about one untreated ACoA whos pride, a 'head of a family', does not allow him to make step forward in his recovery. And he is taking energy from all the people around him and his kids too with his compulsive behaviors and problems (just the way an alcoholic would do). He would create problems just in order to feel attention, even it is a negative one. Somewhere was mentioned - a reaction seeker.
Sorry for being this repulsive towards my own dad, but it is too obvious that his behaviors are damaging. My sister is older than me and she buried a bigger part of anger towards him than me. She project it occasionally on me, cause she is too afraid of him.
cureav is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote