View Single Post
Nick77

Member Since Nov 2013
Default Apr 04, 2015 at 06:21 PM

Hello

I see no one has posted in the last few years...

This is my situation. I left the federal government at the end of 2011. I wanted to become an independent contractor. I had an accident on 06/2012, became mentally disabled, Anxiety/depression/Bodydismorphic disorder,and ended up applying for SSDI on 01/2013. I got approved on 06/2014 retroactive to 01/2013. I did not apply for Federal Disability Retirement because I had received a refund of my deductions and understood that i did not qualify for Fers Retirement. I attempted to go back to work on 11/2013 and lasted 3 days due to my anxiety of being around other people. I waited and started working for the feds again, 01/2015 to now, 04/2015. I am trying to hang in there but my anxiety has me going crazy, loosing sleep, being anxious of being around other people, depressed. I feel I'm going to lose it one of these days, but trying to hang in there. I was getting therapy until 12/2014, which helped a lot, but I moved for this job and haven't been able to get a psychiatrist or therapist here due to my insurance plan, being new and not able to take time off from work, etc. I wrote the OPM to see if I could redeposit my retirement funds and still waiting. My question is, if I have to stop work due to my anxiety, not being able to be around people, do I have a chance of getting Federal Disability Retirement even though I haven't redeposited my retirement contributions?

Thanks,

Nick
Nick77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote