View Single Post
pinkflower17

Member Since Feb 2015
19 hugs
given
Default Apr 18, 2015 at 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisuNeko View Post
I think you must be thinking of a different ap because Geodon is incredibly sedating. I used to have a problem because it has to be taken with food and at work dinner is served at 5 (we get to eat with the elderly residents we serve) and I would be so tired by the end of my shift at 11 om that I couldn't keep my eyes open and worried about the drive home. So I take it around 8 or 9 now. It doesn't out me to sleep though, it just makes me really tired.

I've tried trazodone before several times but I happened to go slightly manic while on it ( probably stress related not med relayed but pdoc don't think like that) so trapdoor is on my banned list too. It didn't work very well for me anyway even at 350 mg.

Thanks for the med recommendations! I'll write them down and bring them up if my ambien poops out after a few months like it has in the past. I think I just get a tolerance to it.

You're right money is tight but I switched pharmacies to the pharmacy at my clinic and they're going to absorb the extra cost I would have to pay to get the right amount per month filled. So problem solved finally!

I try to keep good sleep hygiene. The only thing I break the rules on is no screens but I have an app that filters out the blue light that keeps you from creating melatonin so it's kind of a work around.

Thank you for your detailed response!
That's interesting. Geodon is actually considered the most stimulating of all the atypical antipsychotics. Glad it makes you a little sleepy though. Glad the pharmacy is absorbing the cost so you can get the meds you need. Take care.
pinkflower17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote