View Single Post
twylah

Member Since Apr 2015
Default Apr 18, 2015 at 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puglife View Post
Honestly, this isn't about who is right or wrong, but whether you are okay tolerating this behavior towards your children? I have two young children and I would not be okay with someone treating them this way. My H and I have slightly different philosophies and I am certainly more nurturing and ready to give praise and he would say I coddle and spoil a bit. But he is loving and is good about praising, he just feels they should be pushed to do things on their own sooner than I force them to.

Do you live together? Really think about what his behavior is doing to your kids.
We do live together. I talked to him about my concerns and he said he would try to do things differently but that it was hard when they are not his kids. Since then he is quieter about his criticisms--not yelling--and maybe he is criticizing a bit less but there is still no warmth and he still ignores her most of the time. Yeah, I have talked to some others who feel the way you do about it. It is kind of a deal breaker if it doesn't change. Just not sure how long I should give it to see if his "trying" results in a good outcome for the kids...
twylah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote