Thread: I hate my life
View Single Post
ck2d
Account Suspended

Member Since Feb 2015
Default Apr 19, 2015 at 01:36 PM

I don't think that wasn't an innocent question you asked your psych. Maybe he thought it was, but most likely he has a clue and is trying to let it die off. You have a crush, so you were testing the waters. What you know and what the avoidance is going to do to mess with your mind are two very different things.

You're playing with fire. You will get to that point that you are swamped. It's classic, actually. What will happen is, it will become too painful to see your psych, so you will have to quit going, and then your avoidance will "win" - you won't have be around this person, you won't have someone knowing personal information about you, you won't have to interact with them. But if you do that, you'll be screwing yourself over.

The way out - and it sucks, I know it - is to own up to it. Tell your psych about your crush. I'm sure the dude has heard it before. I think my therapist is a little miffed I haven't come on to her yet. It will help you practice having a more honest relationship, it will help you practice putting your feelings out there, practice not having them returned, and it will be really safe, because you know know know it can't be returned. You already know without a doubt how it will end up, so there's no way you can blame yourself.

But if you wait much longer, it will get worse, and you won't be able to separate the crush/avoidance from reality, which is that no matter what you do it can't happen. It will be a hard hit if you tell him, but it will be a harder hit when it gets to the point you have to leave. Much more productive in the long run to address it head on, even if you do it in a joking manner, because once it's out of your head it will lose it's power over you.
ck2d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote