View Single Post
AusTexan

Member Since Aug 2014
Confused Apr 23, 2015 at 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideblinded View Post
AusTexan

I can see that you are very concerned for her and hurt. There is one thing that I have to say. Just as we are powerless over the drinker so are we over the one who was brought up in that environment. If she doesn't want to get help or improve her life, you will just be fighting a very hard fight. Sometimes ACOA's are in denial of their problems. Being an ACOA as I am can be very confusing.

I am really sorry that you are so hurt. I am only speaking from my own perspective here. Maybe others will have a different view or angle. Best wishes...
It is just hard to know I will lose a 26 year marriage to the one I always referred to as my 'soul mate' when there is a solution to the problem is clearly defined. It isn't fair. FYI, for our entire marriage, I have dealt with a lot of other ACoA traits but I had taken the position that it is a sickness or disease not unlike cancer. And who would just yell at someone for having cancer? That kept me centered and able to let the non-critical lies or secrets get to me.
AusTexan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote