Trippin2.0
Legendary

Member Since May 2010
600 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 27, 2015 at 01:23 PM

If I am understanding correctly...

You got mad at him about him "being your mother's favorite" and for not keeping his word regarding the soccer match, then suddenly going incommunicado and now irregular contact?

Some of this is a big deal to you, some not so much, but they all add up anyway.

So far so good I hope?

Now, the mommy's favorite part, I don't understand at all. Seems like a bit of playful joking around that has been taken too seriously.

And in the context of your mother's alleged reputation, it actually makes sense.

Maybe you two just don't share the same sense of humor?

My niece's current bf makes the same boringass joke (has for years) and no he was never mommy's favorite or first choice, and even worse, his joke doesn't even have context, it just is...

Now, the soccer match, you turned him down on account of him being too smug, basically wanted to teach him a lesson and so you played the mommy card...

Am I right?
Then for whatever reason, he didn't ask your mom, which in effect means the "mommy card" from earlier backfired heavily and so you got mad at him for breaking his word and he went silent.

Hopefully I'm on the right track...

Well, idk tbh... In my honest opinion, regardless for his reasoning behind "mommy's favorite" it seems to me like for some reason you over react to it.

You say you don't want him to involve your mom in your relationship, but in the same breath its ok if you do... So I don't see which boundary he's crossing by claiming her approval. He's milking the fact that she said he's one of the good guys, and just like i don't see the harm, I doubt he does. Especially if it's in jest.

The silence? Well if that last interaction between you two was you being upset with him, he may have believed he had blown his chances and that may be why he didn't attempt to contact you again.

Because besides kissing you, doesn't seem like you approve of anything he said or did.

The current infrequent texting?
You don't have to be combative, just explain to him that if he is interested in dating you, he will have to commit to responding to your texts, as it is a requirement.

My bf is not much of texter, I used to take his late / non replies way too seriously and I drove myself batty. I eventually spoke up about how it makes me feel and he apologized and explained his slight aversion to texting. now that we both understand each others need and style, we've created a rhythm that works for both of us.

Talk to him first, in a cool and collected manner, no use playing mind games of will he text me first if he doesn't even know he's playing along.

Anyway just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt

DXD BP1, BPD & OCPD

"The best way to make it through with hearts and wrists in tact, is to realise, two out of three aint bad" FOB...

Last edited by Trippin2.0; Apr 27, 2015 at 01:38 PM..
Trippin2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna