View Single Post
Raynaadi
Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 22, 2007 at 05:54 PM

I used to get migraines on a regular basis when I was younger. My aunt on my mom's side got them, and my grandma on my dad's side gets them, so I get them from both sides.

I know one of the side effects of the pill is migraines...and I've been feeling the "twinge" above my left eye, where I used to get them. I'm on the generic form of Yaz, the low dose birth control pill. I've only been on it for a little over a week.

Has anyone else gotten migraines after starting the pill? I'm so afraid that the twinges will turn into a full blown migraine....for now its not unbearable...but if it sets in, the only thing that helps is sleep in a dark room.

I'm telling my boyfriend that I might not be able to stay at his place tonight. (We alternate weekend nights; I stay at his place when I don't have an injection to do.)

I hate that I might not be able to stay with him tonight, but the fear of not being at home and having a full-blown migraine attack sucks.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else has had experience with migraines and birth control.