View Single Post
smoothielover

Member Since May 2015
20 hugs
given
Default May 04, 2015 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2TOG View Post
Thank you everyone for responding. My husband would NEVER cancel our TV subscription. I have been getting better at watching less TV and doing more stuff around the house. My husband will not go to marriage counseling ever and I have asked over the years. He won't even go to a one day marriage enrichment retreat. All I can do is work on myself. I like the dream board idea. I have goals and am focusing on retirement even though that is a long way away.
Maybe set a timer and allow yourself only 2 hours of TV? I know when one is watching TV it's easy to loose track of time, maybe if you set an alarm to go off, and listen to it it will help you. Then go for a short walk after your TV time! After one week of taking short walks, go a little further, then the next week, go a little further and so on. Instead of telling yourself, "I don't want to be seen", say "I am proud of myself for making a positive change". And I have to say, when I see people struggling with their weight and taking the initiative to take a walk or even jog, I am so proud of them! I say, "Good for you for making a positive change!"
I'm sorry your husband is resistant to working on the relationship, that makes things hard. It might be that it's just too painful for him to look at himself and accept the pain of being human. I'm glad you've accepted all you can do is work on yourself, because you can't change anyone else! And sometimes, when you work on yourself, your loved one will notice the change and be more willing to work on themselves(not guarantees though)
smoothielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Homeira