Innerzone
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2009
31.3k hugs
given
Default May 09, 2015 at 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisuNeko View Post
I've never heard of bipolar without cycling. If you don't ever become manic but just get depressed and have mood lability I think just BPD and depression make sense.
My thoughts exactly. Bipolar cycles -- it's the nature of the beast. BPD goes back and forth with extremes of emotion and is that way consistantly (consistantly inconsistant you might say). Also, it is driven by interaction with others. The way one feels is reactive. (Someone says/does something and it sets off how you feel.) Something happens, and boom! instant (over) reaction. It also brings on a lot of assumptions regarding motivation (this or that happened/didn't happen = they must hate me! Etc.)

Anyhow, I'm sorry to hear that it's so hard to get in to see a Pdoc there. Alas, GPs are almost invariably out of their depth in psych issues. In the meanwhile or whatever, you may want to check into something called DBT (dialetical behavior therapy). It's well-regarded for helping with the very thing you are frustrated with-- not having more control over emotional response. Those kinds of reactions/interactions are largely controlled by thought processes -- how one perceives and interprets what is happening. I've heard that it can be super useful and very much worth the effort.

--The Cure
Innerzone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
NyxAngel

Thanks for this!
NyxAngel, Trippin2.0, ~Christina