~Christina
Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 10, 2015 at 05:55 PM

Lots of great advice given. Of course none of us can diagnose , we just go by what we have learned ourselves. It's very common to be BP and BPD its a very common combo, Brings up the suckiness level for sure. Bp typically is a mood swing that last at least 1-2 weeks minimun. BPD is a in the moment swing, highly emotional happy to flipping your shyt in 60 seconds is the trademark of BPD.

Seoquel? yeah it will slam you into a sleep coma, especially if you have been getting little to no sleep. Sleep coma is a good thing, Did the same to me years ago. As for all the nasty lil side effects that is possible well, you need to probably weight the pros and cons once your more rested and thinking a bit clearer.. so unless hitting side effects you just can not handle.. Just sit with the medication for a while..... few weeks at least. It is a heavy hitter.

A bipolar that doesn't cycle ? Bwhahahahh yeah , Nope not a thing at all.

I know in Canada it is very difficult to find a Pdoc , But seriously get on every waiting list possible,, GP's are great for general health problems but they are just so lacking in the realm of mental illness and the plethra of psych meds and how the work and interact its just not a wise idea to let then manage that part of your health.

CBT and DTB is so helpful and the latter is really the only treatment for BPD. So while waiting to see a Pdoc get in to a therapy setting or just a support group. Anything can help . Get educated, YOU need to be your own best advocate.

There is alot to learn here on PC, I hope its helpful to you.

Hugs from:
NyxAngel

Thanks for this!
NyxAngel