Thread: Self-steem
View Single Post
darkfoxx

Member Since Apr 2011
Default May 11, 2015 at 01:28 PM

Don't know if I'm late to this party but I am an unofficial AvPD, I should have my official diagnosis Wednesday. I lived mostly by not living, if that makes sense. All I did was play my video games and do the 'safe' things. Didn't really socialize somehow got married and not surprising divorced. So real quick I'm 29 and been an introvert all my life, extremely shy, etc. Anyways about 1 month ago my wife asked for the divorce, at first I was pretty devastated and did all the wrong things to try to salvage it. I don't know if it's the pending divorce that has been driving me but I just don't care anymore. I joined the meetup.com site and I have been forcing myself to go 'play' with the other kids. It has helped me a lot get some confidence back even though I'm still the quiet one, don't know what to say, always thinking what the other people are thinking. I just silence my own thoughts and throw myself in. It's worth a shot for some piece of mind. Just remember we are all unique and we don't have a mental handicap/illness we are mentally interesting. Just be kind and honest to yourself and with your interactions. Oh and the mediation has worked for me (doing yoga)
darkfoxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous37868

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro, JadeAmethyst