View Single Post
NyxAngel

Member Since May 2015
71 hugs
given
Default May 12, 2015 at 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supanova View Post
Nice to see someone who will take on board some advice Many are just full of excuses.
I have plenty of excuses myself, but I came here looking for advice, so it seems silly to me not to give the advice consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supanova View Post
I wonder though, being heavier what is your diet and exercise lifestyle like? Much of what you described can also be put down to not enough exercise, the wrong types of foods and food sensitivities. It is something worth exploring too.
The lightest I've been as an adult was 160lbs and even then I had problems with depression, mood swings, anxiety, etc... When I went to college I lost weight instead of gaining, 160 was my plateau. After dropping out of college I stayed around 180 until a few years ago when I had what I would consider a breakdown of sorts. I stayed in bed 24/7, I only left my bed to use the restroom and maybe grab a Mt. Dew and wouldn't so much more than stare at the walls in between sleeping day and night. Even without eating I guess the Mt. Dew and total lack of movement 'caused me to balloon up to 300lbs, I've been losing it very slowly as I've (just as slowly) pulled myself out of that... whatever you call it. Nowadays, though, I walk my dog, walk down the street (and back up the hill) to visit a neighbor and swim when the weather's warm enough. So I'm by no means an active person, but I am slowly but surely getting my activity levels a little higher.

Please forgive me if I come across a bit sensitive on the topic, my old GP used to tell me that I only had problems because I needed to lose weight and quit smoking. I'll admit that those two things are probably complications that I could do without, but I seriously doubt they are they only reason I'm nuts.
NyxAngel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous200280