View Single Post
Noski

Member Since Sep 2014
2 hugs
given
Default May 14, 2015 at 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ndm4n2006 View Post
I have been friends with many people on line, some for many years, exclusive, online friends. Some are in other countries, a few are somewhat local. My best friend of over 7 yrs is a state away and we are close but frankly it was probably 3+ yrs before we even talked via in game communication finally and never talked via phone. My friends in other countries, well a couple of them I never talked to, again for several years, on the phone. We finally did via game chat there too but again, it's not required in a friendship and frankly it is NOT WEIRD. I have an issue with talking on the phone or via voice, myself. I don't typically call people or talk on voice chat at all.

As for over protective parents, there is that. Without evidence for or against her, I cannot say if this is real in her situation but it is a valid reason. I say this as I've had a girl that was very attracted to me, bolt due to the same reasons. it was an online romance and her reasons I found out later were because her parents were over protective. It's a valid reason.

You can't force her to meet you or do what you like. Either accept the relationship as it is, an online, texting one or move on really. You may never know all the reasons behind this.

also lastly the idea that she would meet friends from the forums other than you. Where do you get that from? Can you elaborate how you know this? From what I've read there is no evidence that you have that should make you think this, and it's entirely assumption.

Hi Thank you so much for your detailed response and sharing your experience with online friends.It always help to get a new prospective but I think every situation is different I guess adepending on how people handle it.
Now I am not trying to force her.I remember we both planned to meet and set our calendar and everything .We both were excited ,so when it didnt happen etc etc I was wondering what could be the reason and she explained her reasons .Of course that's valid and I know that her parents are over protective but I know we're both pass our mid twenties and are adults and we live minutes away (by the way we went to the same university but we didnt know each other before ) ,so 'm just not convinced that she really wants this ;I don't knowI mean it's the same neighborhood we go to I guess etc etc..

As for your last point ,you're right I can't predict but I just know that from our past conversations.We talked a lot about everything .I just know but fair enough .The weird thing is that back in february I went to a concert (show related artist ) and she also wanted to go but she had to travel back home and it was my birthday the next day,she did tell me that she wished she were there and celebrate with me .So I'm really confused at times .

Anyway "If you argue against reality ,you will suffer" :The reality is that it's not happening for whatever reason and I have to accept it and move on but I am just not sure where does the friendship go from here .I don't know If this is a texting friendship,I don't know ,she referred to us as besties,she told me I was very important to her and that she appreciated my friendship and support,so taht seemed genuine to me but I just wished too I could be there in real life whenever she needs a friend instead of always texting but Fair enough.I don't force anybody to do whAT THEY're not comfortable.So I'm just gonna let go,even though it doesn't change the way I feel
Noski is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote