View Single Post
Kahnecht
Newly Joined

Member Since May 2015
Default May 15, 2015 at 03:39 PM

After many hospitalizations last year (sophomore in college), I was told while in -patient that my insurance was not going to cover anymore hospitalizations, but rather would send me to a residential facility. I was told it would be a court order and I was forced to choose between ECT and residential, though I believe the staff and doctor was manipulating the situation to coerce me into doing ECT.

Since then I have changed insurance and have had many ER trips, one over night observation, and a partial program, and one hospitalization. The insurance covers the one productive hospital in a thirty mile radius.

I do not know much about insurance or my current policy, what would happen if I were to reach the amount allotted for coverage? Would that be means to actually send me to residential based on being labeled as a threat to myself?

I am just trying to understand the situation last year and the fear that one day I would be forced into a residential program.
Currently I owe more than twice the amount in medical bills than I do in full-time college tuition.
Kahnecht is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote