Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
7,354 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 16, 2015 at 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0dysseus View Post
I was miserable in the hospital with the worst time of akathasia imaginable. It went untreated no matter how much I insisted something was wrong. other than that I did enjoy the community and talking to the older people. They felt so lonely for some reason and striking up a conversation would open up a whole new world for them. They didn't feel a part of the community, so they wouldn't speak in group therapy, unless you made them feel like a human being. I miss that.

Also, there was this one woman going through mania, we told each other our histories and diagnoses. I told her that people aren't their disorder, because everyone hated her for it. She told me, after a year long psychosis that I almost didn't make out alive, and lost everything, that if it only takes a year to be great, isn't it worth it?

What a thing to say...

There a many moments I miss it.
The bolded part, yeah that happened to me when I was in the hospital in early 2013. Worst akathisia I've ever had and they did nothing even though I couldn't sleep or sit still at all and just UGH... I hate Saphris.

Hugs from:
Anonymous37787, Anonymous37841, Door2015