View Single Post
missatomicbomb

Member Since Dec 2014
10 hugs
given
Default May 21, 2015 at 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serolod View Post
I don't have amazing or even very good advice but socializing or having more than one friend, hanging out with other people etc, makes it better. I know it's very difficult, especially if you're more quiet and keep to yourself (I'm the same way) but allowing yourself to open up, go to events etc. I think what happens is when you have more than one person to focus all your energy on, the feelings for any one person are not as intense or we don't feel as needy because our needs are fulfilled by multiple people not just one. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I know i'm not very helpful but wanted to let you know that I know exactly what it feels like.
i am so glad i'm not alone in this! really, because i was feeling like an alien or something. and i do think this is really good advice! and it really does make sense. i find it really hard to connect to people to the point of feeling like i can trust them enough to open up and stuff, he's the only exception. and i think you're absolutely right when you talk about focusing all your energy on one person, it becomes too intense, and i really feel too needy around him, probably because he's the only one i feel like i can count on. my main goal right now is to make more friends, even thought it's so hard.
missatomicbomb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady