Member Since Jan 2015
3,980 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart May 31, 2015 at 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetskiFoam View Post
Hi all,

Another mentally struggling individual passing through I'm afraid. Long story short - Life event two years ago relating to a person, reactive depression-increase, suicide attempt, hospitalised for a few days but just sedated and not treated, no longer suicidal but so very tired of my depression and rumination on this person. Been through what seems like every SSRI/SNRI combination under the sun - had great success with Fluoxetine for bad OCD for about 6 years, which limits my medication options as I need to be on it (nothing else works for the OCD). Currently on California Rocket Fuel (40mg Fluoxetine-150mg Venlafaxine combination), which worked when I was together with said person but no longer does very effectively, I suppose proving that it's reactive depression. CBT has not worked well for me and I never have very lengthy good mood periods before I plummet again. I'm good-looking, 21 years old and at uni, but so very tired of being so ill. Off back to the psychiatrist (again) in a week but having Asperger's Syndrome as well, psychological therapies are less than effective. Feel like I have few options and not sure if I will even be treatable, though I realise that sounds ridiculous. I suppose what I wanted to know was whether there are effective treatments for OCD and Treatment-Resistant Depression that people know of, even just to give me hope.

Thanks to everyone,

Jetski (London, UK)
I'm sorry no one can promise miracles, but a lot of people get better at coping with life and get better quality from it. At your age your brain can still adapt and develop in a good way. Life is hard for me now, but in my early 20s a medicine was found which helped give me at least 20 good years inbetween and I was able to enjoy life and my chosen career. I felt my life was good even though I had issues. I'm hoping to find that again. I hope this encourages you.
Be kind to yourself, you are as valuable as anyone else.
Fizzyo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote