Thread: Anxiety & pain
View Single Post
Anxiousvalkyrie

Member Since May 2015
101 hugs
given
Default May 31, 2015 at 08:30 PM

This past winter I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have a pretty severe generalized anxiety and panic disorder. I have had it since I was a child. My anxiety has already been running high with issues I am having with my body dysmorphic disorder but Ive found that on days when my fibro flares I have really severe panic attacks over the pain. I get terrified that it won't stop and that I can't control it and that it's going to spiral out of control. The more I stress, the more I hurt. I Am in the queue in the healthcare system to see a psychiatrist and have been for about a month now. In Sweden they have to give you an appointment within two months of the referral but I'm not sure when I will hear from them. In the states my doctor had me on Xanax and Zoloft to help with the anxiety. My primary doctor put me on Cymbalta for the fibro and claimed it would help wih the anxiety but it hasn't. Any advice on controlling the panic when I flare? I've always had medication to deal with my issues and not having them now is proving to be very very hard.
Anxiousvalkyrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous200325