View Single Post
defaultxxx

Member Since Jan 2015
Default Jun 02, 2015 at 07:37 PM

I remember when I was pushing 290 lbs and felt very unhealthy and didn't even want to go to the doctor because I was afraid he would say I was prediabetic. I also had extra low self confidence and have been kind of a loner all my life and no longer had any friends. I also have never had a girlfriend. Well fast forward a bit I got a physical job and started dieting. I pushed myself hard everyday because I no longer wanted to be that guy. In fact at my job I wanted to be the best and fastest... these guys were all in great shape but I pushed myself to keep up with them and some. Eventually I started running and doing pushups, situps, and dumbells. I lost over 100 lbs. I started to get a lot of attention, and didn't handle it very well and became kind of obsessive. I did feel more confident, but you see when you finally drop most of the weight you now see that you are competing with the guys that have already been skinny or fit and it turns into a different kind of ballgame. So I made it my goal for some reason to be in as good shape as a MMA fighter probably because I thought someone made fun of me and also bulk up a little. Well I have to admit I really was in basically that great of shape and then everything went to hell. I thought I was being harassed by coworkers in many ways sexually and other ways on a daily basis and was getting certain attention I never handled before in my life. I thought I was being made fun of when I may have been complimented. I was then hospitalized for a mental illness which would later be diagnosed as schizophrenia. It has been multiple years of hell because of that illness. Well I don't work out as hard, but still focus on diet and staying kind of fit. I also broke my arm last year and can no longer do what I used to. Still a loner, still no girlfriend, less motivated,but I still feel better than I did at 290. I find that what really holds me back is just the actual effort involved and the anxiety of getting into something new/unknown. It is ok to feel uncomfortable and I have to remind myself this. Recently got kind of obsessive again and bought a bowflex and a ton of other supplements because I am starting to feel like I am getting too weak and no longer feel competative. I want to work on the intellectual side, but probably because of my work It becomes about the physical. I hope to take the time to study a little this year and hopefully get into college sometime next year. I hope my illness never comes back. I am 27 now btw. Good luck change takes time and a little effort. A walk everyday on empty stomach is a good start.
defaultxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote